General Business English
Sales & Marketing
Accounting & Finance
I.T. (Information Technology)
Business English - Other
BUSINESS ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZZES
LISTENING COMPREHENSION TESTS
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
LINK TO US
Business English Training
| Talking about the economy in English 4
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. inflation that's out of control = __________________________ inflation
2. Barack Obama said that the United States has a plan to bring the deficit __________________________ ( = decrease the deficit) once the economic crisis has been resolved.
3. __________________________ ( = very high) deficits could spark ( = cause) inflation or a sudden drop in the value of the U.S. dollar.
4. Most analysts believe the U.S. is __________________________ ( = ready, just about) to make steady progress on this issue.
5. to ___________________________ the whole system = to put the whole system at risk
6. to stimulate economic growth = to ___________________________ economic growth
7. He doesn't think that current economic conditions will continue to ____________________. ( = he thinks that the current economic conditions will change)
8. the worst that can possibly happen = the worst ___________________________
take on things
9. You can't keep taking these things ___________________________. ( = you can't keep assuming that these things will always be there)
10. The new regulations should prevent banks from ___________________________. ( = from going bankrupt)
(a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com) unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.