Basic Terms for Beginners 9
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms for beginners. It's a good way for ESL students to learn basic words and expressions used in the world of business.
Choose the correct response for each of the sentences.
1. Following months of ________________________ a successful strategy, we finally succeeded.
trying to get developed
trying to develop
2. With ________________________ ( = as for) Jim's project, let's leave that for the next meeting.
3. We plan to implement this in the ________________________ months. ( = in the near future)
4. There's ________________________ ( = it's very clear) that he is unhappy working here.
a little doubt
5. He ________________________ two examples. = He gave/showed two examples.
6. If something is ________________________, it gives you the wrong idea.
7. Digital media is ________________________ changing the marketing world. ( = it is causing big changes)
8. We don't ________________________ this. = We agree that this is true.
9. This product never saw the ________________________. ( = it was never launched/released)
light of day
10. This serves to ________________________ us that we should never neglect our core customers.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.