BUSINESS ENGLISH: Free Listening Comprehension Exercises
Rising inflation in the UK
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
Make sure the captions/subtitles are turne off!
Watch the video and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. How much do the first two people pay for housing?
about 40% of their income
4% of their income
14% of their income
2. Prices in the UK are the highest in __________.
3. How is the man dealing with increasing energy prices?
by getting a second job
by getting a new radiator
by heating his apartment less
4. Are real wages keeping up with the inflation rate?
No, but they're slightly higher this year than last.
No, they've actually fallen in the previous year.
Yes, they're increasing at roughly the same rate as inflation.
5. Where were these people interviewed?
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2023 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.