ESL FOR TECH SUPPORT STAFF
| Topic: Tech support/Troubleshooting 1
Designed to teach you the most up-to-date IT (information technology)-related words and expressions. This exercise is on the terminology relating to I.T. tech support and troubleshooting.
(Remember: Although several of the responses may be acceptable, you should choose the
1. I have to install a new _____________________ of the anti-virus software.
2. One of your cables was _____________________ . ( = not connected)
3. Your computer is _____________________ with a virus.
4. _____________________ can gather data from a user's system without the user knowing it.
5. It is _____________________ to download these programs. ( = You are not allowed to download these programs.)
6. If you have any problems _____________________ ( = setting up, customizing) the operating system, please let me know.
7. That program won't be able to open files with that _____________________.
8. Please _____________________ ( = restart) your computer.
9. I've _____________________ the problem. ( = I have found the source of the problem.)
10. It's not a major _____________________. = It's not a big problem.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2022 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.