| Topic: English For Computer Programming 4
Designed to teach you the most up-to-date IT (information technology)-related words and expressions. This exercise is on computer programming terminology.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. Other parts of the program will be able to __________________ these objects using simple function calls.
2. Do a search to find every __________________ of this variable. ( = a list of every time the variable appears in the code)
3. Naming a variable = Variable __________________
4. To __________________ a function means to change its properties.
5. If something is sending the wrong __________________, it is sending the wrong variables to be processed.
6. A subroutine is a piece of code that is separate from __________________ of a program.
a main body
the main body
7. A procedure (most of the time referred to as a function) is like a subroutine, but with additional __________________. Most functions can accept parameters.
8. This function __________________ ( = produces) the wrong value.
9. A method is a function __________________ within an object.
10. He has been programming for 15 years, and sometimes uses terms that are no longer __________________ in programming. ( = slightly outdated terms)
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.