Cover Letter Vocabulary 1
This is an exercise to help you learn & practice some of the standard words, terms, and expressions used in a cover letter. Hopefully it will help you get the job that you always wanted.
Choose the correct response for each of the sentences.
1. I'm writing ____________________ your advertisement in the Los Angeles Times.
in response to
to respond at
in respond to
2. I'm writing to ____________________ the possibility of employment with your company.
3. I have a ____________________ deal ( = a lot) of experience in (sales, web development, making folk-art, etc.)
4. I'm a ____________________ motivated self-starter.
5. I have been ____________________ ( = formally or informally commended) for my ability to manage others.
6. I would very much like to meet with you ____________________ to discuss this position.
for a chat
7. I would very much like to meet with you to discuss this position ____________________.
8. I will call you on Tuesday to arrange a ____________________ meeting.
9. My main area of ____________________ is ( = what I know/do best is) ...
10. As the ____________________ CV/resume illustrates ( = shows) ...
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.