Topic: MEDICAL ENGLISH |
Common vocabulary used in nursing 1
If you're a nurse and would like to communicate better with your English-speaking patients, this exercise will help you by allowing you to practice useful terms/expressions nurses use every day.
Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. I'm here to change your __________________________. ( = the container used by bedridden patients to go to the bathroom)
2. Turn __________________________ please. I have to wash your back.
3. We need to move Mr. Harris into a __________________________ room. ( = a room with no other patients)
4. I need __________________________ your blood pressure.
5. We have to __________________________ ( = clean/disinfect) your wound.
6. To help a patient put on his/her clothes = To ___________________________ a patient
7. Yes, Mr. Brown was _________________________ to the hospital ( = checked in to the hospital) yesterday.
8. Your grandmother was taken to the respiratory ___________________________. ( = the part of the hospital that deals with patients with respiratory illnesses)
9. Right now all the rooms are full. We'll get you a space as soon as one is __________________________.
10. Doctor, Mrs. Williams' __________________________ (= I.V.) line is not properly connected.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.