TOPIC: Consumers using their credit cards again
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 10
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the article, the growth in consumer credit in March was ______________ economists had predicted.
about the same as
slightly lower than
twice as much as
2. By using the word "anemic", the article wants to say that the current job growth numbers are ______________.
3. According to the article, does the increase in consumer credit mean that the economy is improving?
No, just the opposite
4. How long had it been since the consumer credit numbers increased so much in one month?
Over 10 years
About three years
5. According to the article, what played an important part in the economic growth at the beginning of this year (2012)?
A record-breaking drop in unemployment
A decrease in tax rates
New car production and sales
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.