TOPIC: The struggling Spanish economy
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 4
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. How much higher was this past bond yield compared to the previous one?
over 1.5% higher
0.5 % higher
It wasn't higher. It was lower.
2. What happened to Bankia shares on the market?
They rose by about 1.5%.
They remained steady.
3. According to the article, how high can Spain's 10 year yields go?
4. Is the Spanish government unable to sell bonds?
No, it's the high yields that are the problem.
Yes, they can't even sell half of the bonds.
No, the biggest problem is corruption.
5. According to the article, what's the biggest hurdle to Spain meeting its deficit goal this year?
Debts in the regions and the welfare system
The drop in value of Bankia shares
The inability of the government to successfully sell bonds
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.