TOPIC: Starbucks' difficulties in Europe
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 8
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. What happened to Starbucks' shares after that their quarterly profits failed to meet analysts' estimates?
They rose by 5%.
They plunged by 5%.
they rose by 10%.
2. "Quarterly profits" refer to profits during how many months?
3. According to the article, in which European countries did Starbucks' NOT see a slight increase in sales?
The United Kingdom
4. According to the article, _____________ are/is to blame for Starbucks' woes in Europe.
Europe's financial troubles
European disdain for American coffee
the availability of many other good cafes
5. Has Starbucks always struggled in Europe?
The article doesn't specify.
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.