BUSINESS ENGLISH: ESL Practice Quiz
Exercise 5 (The US Economy in a recession: Foreclosures)
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
Watch the video, and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. The real estate agent says that there is _______________________ of bank-owned properties in the town.
an overwhelming amount
fewer and fewer
2. These days, the man primarily sells houses ______________.
that have been foreclosed (taken over by banks due to the owners' inability to pay)
to young entrepreneurs
3. The man says he makes noise before going into the house because he has come across _____________________ inside foreclosed houses.
other real estate agents
4. According to the man, the banks don't have the authority to seize the property, only to _____________________.
make sure the windows are closed
close the doors
put up a sign saying "keep out!"
5. Because many of these house are vacant for a long time after foreclosure, they are sometimes _________________________.
robbed or vandalized
infested with rats
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.