Business English Exercise
| Topic: Job Interview Vocabulary 3
This exercise is designed to teach you some of the common words, terms, and expressions used during a job interview. Hopefully it will help you get the job that you always wanted :)
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. You should always make the employer feel like you have ___________________.
much to give
a lot to offer
2. The interviewer asked me if I'm good at meeting __________________ ( = getting things done at the required time).
3. Did you send a __________________ letter to the person who interviewed you?
thanks a lot
4. When an employer asks you how you see yourself five years from now, s/he wants to know about your __________________.
5. Can you explain the __________________ ( = missing time) in your employment history?
6. Do you prefer working alone or __________________?
with a team
in a team
7. The employer asked Karen about what motivates her to "go the extra mile" on a project. In this context, to "go the extra mile" means __________________:
to do more than is necessary
to become very tired
to run hard
8. I'm sorry but you're just not ___________________ enough for this position.
9. When you make the decision to leave a job it's called "quitting" - When your boss makes that decision because of something bad that you've done, it's called "being ___________________".
ex. John was ___________________ for stealing a stapler.
10. When you are told to leave a job because there's not enough work, money, etc. to keep you there, it's called "being ___________________".
ex. Our company ___________________ 20 workers last summer.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.