BUSINESS ENGLISH: Free Listening Comprehension Exercises
For some, war is good for business
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
Make sure the captions/subtitles are turned off!
Watch the video and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. How did weapon makers' stock do after Russia invaded Ukraine?
It went up in value, but not much.
It went up in value significantly.
The war didn't affect the price at all.
2. One way that these companies will make money is by ________ stocks of weapons in the USA and elsewhere.
3. Which of the following does the clip NOT mention?
Javelin and Stinger missiles
4. How much military aid has Biden's government contributed to Ukraine?
3.5 billion dollars
2.5 billion dollars
1.5 billion dollars
5. Does the USA know what happens to the weapons once they're in Ukraine?
Yes, there are tracking devices on them.
Yes, the Ukrainians let the US know where the weapons are stored.
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.