BUSINESS ENGLISH: Free Listening Comprehension Exercises
Fears of a new recession
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
the first 2:30
of the video and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. Where is a recession likely to happen first?
2. Diana Mousina think that ____________ could lead to a recession.
raising interest rates
lowering interest rates
3. When do analysts think this recession might start?
in several years
4. Why would the Fed raise interest rates?
to bring inflation down
to increase housing sales
to help offset military spending
5. The inverted yield curve ____________.
can be a warning sign that a recession is coming
is designed to prevent a recession
means interest rates rise over time
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2022 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.