General Business English Terms 1
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms, ones that are often heard in an office setting. Choose the correct response for each of the sentences.
1. When someone "brings something to the table", it means that he/she _____________________.
has something to offer
has nothing to offer
buy everyone lunch
2. HP is one of Dell's main _____________________.
3. It's pretty hard to _____________________ against big, established companies.
4. James _____________________ last year.
changed his jobs
made a change in jobs
5. It's not good to _____________________ yourself entirely to your career.
6. Bill, I need your _____________________ on this. What do you think of this design?
7. I thought you _____________________ at the conference.
did a really good job
really did a job
did really a good job
8. P1: We've got a meeting in 10 minutes. P2: Do I have to _____________________? P1: Yes, you do.
9. I'd like you to do a little _____________________ on investment strategies.
10. He's away ______________________ at the moment, but he'll be back in an hour.
from his desk
from a desk
from the desk
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.