General Business English Terms 5
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms, ones that are often heard in an office setting. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. I don't think I can take on any more projects right now. I have too much __________________________ already.
on my platter
on my plate
on my mind
2. The USA is one of the easiest places in the world to __________________________.
make a business
commence a business
start a business
3. I'm swamped. = I'm __________________________.
4. What's on the __________________________ today? = What's the plan for today?/ What do we have to do today?
5. I'm a little confused about the timeline. Could you __________________________ ( = explain it to me) again?
walk me through it
walk me through
converse with me
6. What's a "timeline"?
A thin watch
7. I have a couple of things I'd like to talk about. I'm going to go through them __________________________. ( = one by one)
8. Tony is always ______________________ the meeting by being late.
9. I have a terrible boss! He never gives me any positive __________________________ on the work I do. (= he never compliments my work)
10. A business's "core competency" is something that it can do well, something that sets it apart from its competitors, and is difficult for these competitors to ___________________. ( = copy)
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.