Mixed verb tenses 1
These exercises will help you to practice choosing the right verb tense in a Business English context. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. If he doesn't come in the next 10 minutes, we __________________________ without him.
2. He __________________________ a manager when he was 25.
3. __________________________ the details of the proposed merger.
Let's to discuss
Let's be discussing
4. Our distributor called while I __________________________ to Jim.
(I'm no longer talking to Jim)
have been talking
would be talking
5. I thought about your proposal, and I think we __________________________ it.
will have accepted
6. How long _________________ in sales?
B or C
have you worked
have you been working
7. I have _________________ your proposal, and I'm quite impressed.
8. The mayor failed __________________________ the striking workers to return to contract talks.
A or C
9. The union __________________________ on Tuesday to resume contract talks.
was being agreed to
has been agreeing
10. Negotiations __________________________ to continue into the weekend.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.