Mixed verb tenses 2
These exercises will help you to practice choosing the right verb tense in a Business English context. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. __________________________ a strike, the company gave in to the workers' demands.
Hoping to prevent
Hoped to prevent
Hope to prevent
2. Our employees __________________________ our strongest asset.
3. __________________________ that for another meeting.
Let's to leave
Let's be leaving
4. Our office usually __________________________ at 5:00 PM, but today we're staying open until 6.
5. __________________________ business in third-world countries can be a frustrating experience.
6. Please ask Robert _________________to the meeting.
to be coming
7. By the time my boss gets here, I _________________ my report.
will have finished
would be finished
8. From now on, we __________________________ things differently.
will be doing
A or C
9. If he had told me about this earlier, I __________________________ someone else.
will have hired
would have hired
10. I __________________________ those changes last week.
have been implementing
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.