Mixed verb tenses 3
These exercises will help you to practice choosing the right verb tense in a Business English context. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. Over that past three years, I __________________________ in a number of interesting projects.
have been involved
A or C
2. Right now I __________________________ in any project.
am not being involved
A or C
am not involved
3. PERSON 1: Do you have time to talk? PERSON 2: Not really, I __________________________ pretty busy right now.
4. I __________________________ to a trade fair until I went to the one in Las Vegas last month.
had never been
have never been
5. They were one of our biggest competitors, but they __________________________ bankrupt last year.
6. Recent efforts _________________ our company's profile have been successful.
to have boosted
7. John's company _________________ one of the biggest electronics retailers in the country.
A or B
8. I __________________________ the approval of three committee members before Bob signed off on the project.
had already gotten
did already get
have already gotten
9. The recent survey shows that our consumer base __________________________.
A or B
10. PERSON 1: How's the new guy doing? PERSON 2: Right now he's just __________________________ to get familiar with our process.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.