English for dentists and their patients
Common vocabulary used in a dental office 3
Whether you're a dentist or a patient, this exercise will make communication easier by teaching you the right vocabulary.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. Is the pain recurrent? = Does the pain __________________________?
come and go
arrive and leave
in and out
2. I will prescribe some antibiotics as well as some __________________________ for after your operation.
3. We'll have to __________________________ that tooth. = We'll have to remove that tooth.
4. It would be best to remove all four of your __________________________ teeth.
5. Is your cheek still __________________________? = Do you still have no feeling in your cheek?
6. You should __________________________ eating hot food for the next 2 hours. = You should not eat hot food for the next two hours.
7. Could you bite down on this paper and _________________________ your teeth? (= rub your teeth together)
8. ___________________________ ( = keeping your mouth and teeth clean) is extremely important.
9. __________________________ refers to an inflammation of the gums.
10. The glossy, visible part of a tooth is called its __________________________.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2023 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.