Medical English Exercise
| Topic: English for Doctors/Patients/Health 10
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. My grandfather was __________________________ to (the) hospital yesterday.
2. There were two doctors __________________________ ( = working) when we arrived.
doing their duty
3. P1: Does the patient have health __________________________? P2: No, she is uninsured.
4. If you're unable to quit smoking altogether, you should at least __________________________. ( = do it less)
5. Everything went smoothly. There were no __________________________.
6. To "OD (oh-dee)" means to __________________________ (on a drug, etc.)
7. I've been taking birth control pills __________________________. ( = for many years)
on a yearly basis
8. There's nothing to worry about. This is a __________________________ ( = standard) procedure.
9. Even if you are infected, the symptoms might not __________________________ ( = appear) for weeks.
10. This is a contagious disease that can only be __________________________ by/through sexual intercourse.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.