| Topic: English for Database Administration (DBA) 1
Designed to teach you the most up-to-date IT (information technology)-related words and expressions. This exercise is on database administration terminology.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. I have to add a new _____________________ to this database.
2. I _____________________ ( = changed) the database, but now it's not working.
3. We're having issues with data _____________________. ( = the data is not whole/complete)
4. We're looking for a database administrator who can ensure maximum performance _____________________ budgetary constraints.
5. I've got a lot of experience in _____________________. I've done many disaster recovery drills throughout the course of my career.
6. One of your main duties will be to _____________________ new versions of DBMS software.
7. We need you to analyze the data stored in the database and to make __________________ relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage.
8. If something is available at all times, it is available __________________.
9. You'll have to test this new database before it is moved into a __________________ environment. ( = before it goes live)
10. We have to make a __________________ ( = a copy) of this database.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.