Topic: MEDICAL ENGLISH |
Common vocabulary used in nursing 2
If you're a nurse and would like to communicate better with your English-speaking patients, this exercise will help you by allowing you to practice useful terms/expressions nurses use every day.
Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. His temperature has __________________________ ( = increased) to 40� C.
2. If it's too hot, I can __________________________ the room temperature for you.
3. Is anything __________________________ you? = Is anything causing problems for you?
4. We're monitoring Mr. Brown's __________________________. ( = heart rate, blood pressure, etc.)
5. Give him a dose of... = __________________________ a dose of...
6. Please __________________________ ( = don't move) while I connect your I.V.
remain motionless in bed
7. If you need anything, _________________________ the red button and I'll come right away.
8. ___________________________ to take your pills.
It's the hour
9. The doctor wants to take some more __________________________.
tests of blood
10. Here is Mrs. Williams' __________________________ (= a paper with all her information).
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.