BUSINESS ENGLISH: Free Listening Comprehension Exercises
Exercise 3: Report on Michael Dell
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
of the video, and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. How much of his own money did Michael Dell invest in his company when things were going bad?
$700 million dollars
$70 million dollars
$7 million dollars
2. What was the result of this gamble?
He made more than 2 million dollars.
He lost half of his money.
The stock fell, but Dell made money.
3. When did Michael Dell start his career?
In a dorm room
22 years ago
56 years ago
4. Apart from lowering prices on computers, what is Dell doing to turn around its business?
Trying to improve customer service
Closing some customer service centers
5. According to this report, Dell ___________________.
agreed to an exclusive partnership with Intel
bought 2 million shares of Intel
will no longer only be using Intel chips
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.