BUSINESS ENGLISH: Free Listening Comprehension Exercises
Shell, huge profits amidst energy crisis
Here's what you do:
Click on the video below.
Watch the video, and pay attention to it! (You can pause and rewind the video.)
Answer the listening comprehension questions below the video.
Check your answers.
1. When was the last time Shell made this much money in three months?
20 years ago
5 years ago
2. Shell made _________ more money in the first quarter of this year than in the same period last year.
3. Where is Shell's biggest refinery?
4. Does the UK have a windfall tax on oil and gas profits?
Yes, but it's not enforced.
No, the present government has not implemented this.
Yes, the rate is 15%.
5. How much money does Shell plan to invest in renewable energy?
Not sure, but definitely some
50% of the profits from 2022
BACK TO VIDEOS HOME
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.