Business English Test
| Topic: Shipping related words and expressions 1
Complete each of the following sentences that are commonly used in shipping:
1. The goods will have to be _________________ ( = checked) by customs.
2. The goods will remain in a warehouse _________________ pick up. ( = before you pick them up)
3. The freight seems to be _________________. ( = undamaged)
free of damage
4. This transportation company _________________ ( = has) the best rates, and they are trustworthy.
5. The bill of _________________ ( = contract) was missing.
6. This is a new tariff ( = tax) _________________ by the government.
7. This tariff is meant to _________________ ( = dissuade) the importation of foreign goods.
8. Cargo that's not in packages or containers is called "_________________ cargo".
9. The customs officers didn't allow us _________________ to the container. ( = didn't allow us to go to the container)
10. The goods will be shipped in a _________________ container.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2023 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.