| Topic: English for Database Administration (DBA) 4
Designed to teach you the most up-to-date IT (information technology)-related words and expressions. This exercise is on database administration terminology.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. I'm responsible for __________________ which data fields will be used.
2. Make sure that your field names are unique and __________________.
3. Your field names are too vague. They need to be more __________________.
4. The __________________ ( = first/original) value was 0.
5. A SQL statement can be used to __________________ ( = get information from) a database.
6. Do you know how to __________________ ( = divide) a field into multiple fields?
7. Would you like to update these values for all records, or only those records that meet specified __________________ ( = rules, values).
8. It might not be the __________________ ( = normal, accepted) way of doing things, but it works.
9. The symbol ">" usually means "__________________".
10. Many databases are made up of __________________ (which are vertical) and rows (which are horizontal).
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2022 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.