ENGLISH FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS
Common vocabulary used in real estate 2
If you're a real estate agent, and would like to know how to explain some basic concepts to your English-speaking clientele, this exercise is for you.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. The type of basement in which one can't stand up is known as a __________________________.
lying down basement
2. There's a little bit of __________________________ ( = stains, etc. due to a water leak) on the ceiling.
3. The roof would have to be __________________________. = You would have to get a new roof.
4. There's lots of __________________________ room in the attic.
5. A __________________________ is a house that's in fairly bad shape, one that you have to invest a lot of money in to make "liveable".
6. The condo ___________________________ ( = monthly maintenance payments) are pretty high in this building.
7. The _________________________ price ( = the initial price set by the owner) for this property is $400,000.
8. This house has two bedrooms on the lower ___________________________, and two more on the upper ___________________________.
9. The bedrooms are __________________________ from the main entertaining area, so noise won't be a problem.
10. A __________________________ apartment = a fairly big apartment
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2018 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.