General Business English Terms 4
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms, ones that are often heard in an office setting. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. John isn't a permanent employee; he's a ___________________.
2. ___________________ means that someone gets hired as a temporary employee, and then, in time, has the chance to become a permanent employee.
3. I won't be able to meet up for lunch. I have an important meeting ___________________ ( = I have to attend).
I can't get out
I can't get out from
I can't get out of
4. Make sure you ___________________ with Nancy about what we all discussed this morning.
5. He's got a really positive ___________________. He'll do well at this company.
6. A "micromanager" wants to ___________________.
let his employees work independently
have total control over everything
bankrupt the company s/he works for
7. You should always wear your name ________________. ( = a little piece of paper with your name that you wear on your shirt) when you're at work.
8. Tony, can you ___________________ these documents and see if there's anything in them about the Dell contract?
9. P1: Can we meet at 2:00 PM? P2: Let me check my ___________________.
10. Marketing really dropped the ___________________ on this one. ( = really made a big mistake)
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.