General Business English Terms 6
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms, ones that are often heard in an office setting. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. When you're "bouncing ideas off each other", you're __________________________.
agreeing with someone else's idea
2. Lisa, the marketing rep, and I have been playing __________________________ this whole week.
(We've been trying to reach each other, but we keep getting each other's voice mail.)
3. What's "voice mail"?
A messaging service that allows you to leave messages when you call someone
A voice attachment on an email
A package with a CD
4. I think David should do the presentation. Database architecture is his __________________________.
topic of expertise
area of expertise
field of knowledge
5. Your report is a little short. I think you have to __________________________ a little more.
learn the topic
research the substance
research the topic
6. Our meetings are always quite informal, but we get __________________________.
a lot done
7. Where can I get a pen?
In the supply room
In the lunch room
In the conference room
8. What's a binder?
a notebook cover (often with rings or clamps for holding sheets)
a mean boss
9. I've always wanted to ___________________ a career in oceanography.
10. No, I'm sorry I'm not ___________________ with that service. ( = I haven't heard about that service)
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.