General Business English Terms 9
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms, ones that are often heard in an office setting. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. What are you _____________________? = What are you trying to say?
2. I'm sorry, Lynn, I didn't _____________________ ( = understand/hear) that last figure.
3. Janine has _____________________ a lot to the development of this company.
4. We're running a little short _____________________. ( = we don't have much time left)
5. Bill told me that my issue was _____________________ of the meeting. ( = not part of what the meeting was about)
outside the boundary
out the door
outside the scope
6. Let's _____________________ ( = talk) tomorrow.
7. She's really good at _____________________ ( = generating) creative solutions.
coming up with
coming on to
getting on with
8. In business jargon, when something is "on someone's radar", _____________________.
they are not aware of something
they are aware of something
they are a pilot
9. Let's leave that issue for _____________________.
10. It's critical not to _____________________ of the main point.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.