Basic Terms for Beginners 6
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms for beginners. It's a good way for ESL students to learn basic words and expressions used in the world of business.
Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. We had to __________________________ some money to expand our business.
2. Victoria is very rich. She and her husband made a ___________________ ( = a lot of money) in real estate.
3. I can't invest in your business because I can't ___________________ ( = find/gather) the money to do that.
come down with
come up with
4. A ___________________ executive is someone with a very high position within a company.
5. Tom is not popular, but he is ___________________ by all the employees.
6. My manager almost never ___________________ my work. He's always very happy with the way I do things.
7. Another way of saying "he was fired" is "he was ___________________."
shown the door
kicked out the door
cleaning the door
8. P1: You didn't know he was going to quit? P2: No, I guess I missed all the ___________________ signs. ( = signs that something was wrong)
9. Do you think it's ___________________ to buy things online?
10. A company that hasn't been around very long ( = a new company) is often called a ___________________.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.