Business English Exercise
| Topic: Basic Terms for Beginners 6
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms for beginners. It's a good way for ESL students to learn basic words and expressions used in the world of business.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. We had to __________________________ some money to expand our business.
2. Victoria is very rich. She and her husband made a ___________________ ( = a lot of money) in real estate.
3. I can't invest in your business because I can't ___________________ ( = find/gather) the money to do that.
come down with
come up with
4. A ___________________ executive is someone with a very high position within a company.
5. Tom is not popular, but he is ___________________ by all the employees.
6. My manager almost never ___________________ my work. He's always very happy with the way I do things.
7. Another way of saying "he was fired" is "he was ___________________."
shown the door
kicked out the door
cleaning the door
8. P1: You didn't know he was going to quit? P2: No, I guess I missed all the ___________________ signs. ( = signs that something was wrong)
9. Do you think it's ___________________ to buy things online?
10. A company that hasn't been around very long ( = a new company) is often called a ___________________.
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2020 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.