Business English Exercise
| Topic: Basic Terms for Beginners 7
This exercise has a broad range of general business-related terms for beginners. It's a good way for ESL students to learn basic words and expressions used in the world of business.
(Choose the best response for each one)
1. We need the board of directors to _____________ ( = support) this proposal.
2. I have to take Friday _____________. ( = I can't come to work on Friday)
3. I had a _____________ convincing the CEO to support my proposal.
4. Our company _____________ ( = makes) bottle caps.
b + c
5. We're the biggest _____________ of fireworks in the country.
6. I can't ___________________ the meeting today ( = I won't be able to attend) - I've got an important project that's due this afternoon.
7. I recommend that we hire another web developer. John can't ___________________ all the work by himself.
8. Let's start = Let's get ___________________
9. Let's ___________________ = Let's continue
get some things straight
10. Veronica, could you please get ___________________ with Bob ( = contact Bob) this afternoon?
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
LINK TO US
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: bes (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2022 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.