ESL For Advertising/Advertisers 4
An exercise to help you learn & practice the most common vocabulary/terms used in advertising. Choose the best response to complete each of the sentences below.
1. Our recent account ______________ have allowed us to hire 100 more people.
2. I enjoy working for them because they encourage original, ______________ ( = not typical) work.
3. A ______________ challenge = A big challenge
4. A mistake (or a unsuccessful attempt to do something) is commonly referred to as a ______________.
5. Last year our agency won three ______________ competitions. ( = competitions in which other agencies from the whole country participate)
6. This is where the line between advertising and marketing begins to ______________. ( = where it begins to become difficult to tell what is advertising and what is marketing)
7. We don't do anything on ______________. We require payment for everything we work on.
8. This part of the portfolio displays the brand ______________ work that we've done. ( = shows examples of how we changed the look of a brand)
9. A well-planned advertising campaign can be an effective way to ______________ a brand.
10. We're talking about a $100 million-______________ account. ( = an account that's probably worth more than $100 million)
BUSINESS ENGLISH GLOSSARY
BUSINESS ENGLISH WORKSHEET COLLECTION
OUR OTHER SITES:
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT US: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood (dot) com
(c) 2007-2024 BusinessEnglishSite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.